GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The artist declares to comply with the instructions of the organiser insofar as they do not affect the artistic performance and the technical agreements. By the name ‘artist’ can also be understood: all musicians/accompanying musicians who are part of Trashbeatz.
2. The artist undertakes to be present at least 30 minutes before the start of the artistic performance.
3. A space must be provided: ready to play and safe according to the specified minimum dimensions. By mutual agreement, the artistic performance can take place outdoors if desired.
4. The organiser ensures adequate publicity of the artistic performance via posters, leaflets, press, radio, TV, etc. All expenses for publicity, taxes, etc. are borne by the organiser (RD of 29.11.69).
5. The fee is payable no later than the due date of the invoice.
6. In the event of non-payment on the due date, the amount due will be increased, ipso jure and without notice, by a compensation of 10% and interest at the rate of 1% per month. The parties agree that this compensation, as well as the compensation for breach of contract by the organiser, is determined by mutual agreement and after negotiation as the potential damage suffered by the artist as a result of non-payment or breach of contract of this contract. The parties declare that this clause is not a penalty clause and in accordance with Article 6 of the Civil Code.
7. The artist undertakes to notify the organiser immediately in case of force majeure (such as illness, death, accident, car breakdown, etc.). The artistic performance will be postponed to a later date by mutual agreement unless the artist agrees to cancel this contract. The organiser cannot claim any compensation whatsoever.
8. If the artistic performance has to be cancelled or stopped because of weather conditions, disorderly conduct of the event, government order, etc., the full fee will still be paid, unless the artist is the explicit and sole cause.
9. In the event of breach of contract by the organiser, barring force majeure, the organiser will have to pay the artist compensation equal to the full fee immediately.
full fee. Breach of contract also includes non-compliance with all points of this contract.
10. In the event of force majeure beyond the control of the organiser, the performance of this contract will be postponed to a later date at the stated fee plus any additional costs.
11. Any damage and/or theft inflicted and/or caused by the public or organiser to the artist’s instruments, accompanying material and personal belongings will be fully compensated by the organiser at the assessed value within two weeks after the damage was inflicted.
12. The artist cannot be held liable for damage to the building, accidents, etc. unless caused by the artist on a deliberate basis.
13. Both contracting parties hereby declare that they are of age or, in the case of minors, that they have had this contract co-signed by one of their parents or guardians. If the contracting party or signatory acts as a representative of the organiser, he declares by signing this contract that he is entitled to do so.
14. Cancellation of this contract is not permitted without the artist’s consent. This contract has been drawn up in accordance with Belgian law; any disputes will first be settled amicably and, failing this, before the competent courts in Ghent.
15. One original of this contract, duly signed by the organiser, must be returned to the artist as soon as possible.
16. As soon as the organiser has confirmed the performance verbally and/or in writing and/or lifted his option on the performance, a contract has been concluded between the two parties.
17. The organiser will provide sufficient parking space near the venue for unloading and loading.